What is AESIEAP
The Association of Electricity Supply Industry of East Asia and the Western Pacific (AESIEAP) is the most prestigious electric power related association in East Asia and the Western Pacific, engaged in the exchange of technology and expertise and fostering cooperation to develop the power industry since founded in 1975.
1. To bring together and to foster co-operation and the exchange of expertise and technology between organizations which are responsible for any one or more of the functions of generation, transmission and distribution of electricity for public use (hereinafter called the "Electricity Supply Industry") in the countries or, exceptionally, otherwise qualified geographical regions (as defined by the Council, and hereinafter called the “Regions”) within the Area.
2. To study problems at regional level, the solutions of which are likely to contribute to the development of the Electricity Supply Industry in the Area.
1. The Electricity Supply Association of Australia;
2. The Mackay Electricity Board, Australia;
3. China Light & Power Co. Ltd, Hong Kong SAR;
4. The Hong Kong Electric Co. Ltd, Hong Kong SAR (presently known as Power Assets Holdings Ltd., Hong Kong SAR);
5. Perusahaan Umum Listrik Negara, Indonesia;
6. The National Electricity Board, Malaysia (presently known as Tenaga Nasional Berhad, Malaysia);
7. Papua New Guinea Electricity Commission, Papua New Guinea;
8. National Power Corporation, Philippines;
9. Public Utilities Board, Singapore; and
10. Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand, Thailand